Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Fifty years after the love of his life, Aleane Breangh Bailey, married for 13 years and 3 days, died October 16, 1971, at the age of 34.

 I remember while waiting, that one of the campbells, caught a chicken, and saw it running around without a head. Cool, is what I though, not must more to remember that day, way back when.  Fifty years after the love of his life, Aleane Breangh Bailey, married for 13 years and 3 days, died October 16, 1971, at the age of 34. 


That is where we wait for parents, Walter and Aleane Bailey, to come pick us up. Do not remember that, if mom, came or not. Dad said, he drove fast, and broke a record, not sure what that means, he came in the light of day, event happen in the middle of the night. Do you have any particularly vivid memories of your grandparents?House on block, Palm Springs,Indians.




Fast forward in time, when I went to visit my Uncle Carl Brenagh, he had a different story to tell of that day, when his mother;Victavia Breanagh,, shot his dad, Arron Brenagh, he went to the hospital to see his dad, and his dad, told him to get his mother out of jail. 


Back in time, when I was two years old, knee high to a grasshopper, one night, may have been the night,before Christmas, hard to tell time, the seasons, and the story from a kid. As I was then, in bed, with my sister, Debbie, she was four, and my grandmother Vic. 1962, that year, bad Jane, Baby Jane, Drama Jane, Betty Boop, RN in later life, born that year, November 8, 1962, new baby. Older kids, sent to grandmother's house in Palm Springs, Ca. Two brand new grand kids, at home with grandmother, sleeping, in was dark, night time. 

When granddaddy came home, grandmother woke up, got up, was in the kitchen, I think, realy not sure, can ask my sister, Deb, she was there also. From my point of view, as a two year old, awaken in the middle of the night. Grandmother Victavia Breanagh, and Granddaddy Arron Brenagh, had a talk, grandmother, said no, maybe three times. Then there was a bang, sat up in bed, saw granddaddy, looking alike a dead dog, dying, walking around, with blood goosing, not sure where.

Not sure about the dates, for the pictures shared, best guesses for a few. Walter Bailey, Bill Bailey, Jack Bailey, names over 8 decades, dad broke the record, by two years, he spent his dying days in Sun City , California. 3 birthdays, and then he was gone, October 15, 2021, 86 years old, when he died. He was not ready, he told me, he was too young to die, when we were in Big Bear, for the summer of 2021.

 Fifty years after the love of his life, Aleane Breangh Bailey, married for 13 years and 3 days, died October 16, 1971, at the age of 34. 

Just like the cartoons, granddaddy went to hosipal, and sister and I went with a big person across the street. To the Campbell's house, Patrica and Sandra Campbell were are ages, and there were older kids there as well. Trica and Sand, the girls our ages. There was Blackie, the dark one, born on the left side of the marriage, what did that mean, sisters with different mothers, my best guess, as the wheels goes around. 

Fast forward in time, when I went to visit my Uncle Carl Brenagh, he had a different story to tell of that day, when his mother;Victavia Breanagh,, shot his dad, Arron Brenagh, he went to the hospital to see his dad, and his dad, told him to get his mother out of jail. 

Walter Bailey, Bill Bailey, Jack Bailey, riding his bike, one day on the block, back in time, 84 years old , then.

Grandmother Vic, did not spend one night in jail. Lovers for life, shot to the heart, or shot to the head, not sure where granddaddy was shot. It was an inch away from death. What a lucky break, you could say, that was how the world turns in 1962. Family affairs, nuts for sure, crazy for a fee, served 6 years, in the Marine Corps, PTSD, mad dog, bitches in heat, heads to count. 

Walter Bailey, Bill Bailey, Jack Bailey,being silly at the park, walks taken, to keep the feet, going forward.


Hello Mom, you have been gone for so long, miss you every day. Waited for you to return, believe that the dead will walk again. Waited until I was 25 to cry, my mother is dead, never to return again. Only in my dreams, only every time I look in the mirror, when I see myself. My sister, Jane told me the other day, she sees my mother in me. Wow, as the world turns, these our lives, in the general common way. 



Jokes and laughs in later years, as the story was told, Uncle Carl's kids, use the story as a reminder, of how crazy was back in the day. Fighting the animals under the ground, using mint teas, to make them go away. worked inside of the gate. Just saying one of the battles being fought. Chaps and cheers, rocks to roll, gems to find, brothers and sisters, notes to take, walks in the shadows, waiting for the lights in the sky. 9:45 every night, would you like to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment